Our Mission, Vision & Core Values
The GCCI is the oldest private sector representative organization in Guyana (established in 1890) and is a member-driven and professionally staffed non-profit association of business people committed to improving the economic climate and quality of life in Guyana. We are legislatively mandated under the Georgetown Chamber of Commerce and Industry Act Chapter 89:03 of the laws of Guyana.
The Chamber’s strength lies in the size and diversity of its membership—both large and small businesses from virtually every sector are represented.
The GCCI represents the voice of the business community in Guyana and strives to advocate policies, stimulate trade and investment, connect businesses, sustain economic growth and expand member opportunities with the aim of contributing to a stable and sustainable economic and social environment in Guyana where businesses can prosper.
- Commitment-The Chamber is in business for business and is committed to preserving a stable economic environment, responding to members’ needs, connecting businesses together, improving prosperity and business opportunities within Guyana.
- Integrity-The Chamber is a non-partisan, open, honest and accountable organisation, which bases its decisions on driving and supporting business development in Guyana. Our members also subscribe to a Code of Conduct in the execution of their operations.
- Courtesy-It remains a core value of the Chamber that the contribution of its Council, its staff and members is valued and appreciated.
- Collaboration-The Chamber values strong working relationships with other agencies and stakeholders.
Strategic Priorities for 2012-2013
To achieve our Mission and Core Values, the Chamber has developed several strategic priorities:
- To attract, pursue, and retain a membership that reflects Guyana’s evolving and diversified business community.
- Position the GCCI as a leading Policy Advocate for the Private Sector in Guyana
- Maintain aggressive marketing to expand membership base, increase retention, enhance visibility and expand public awareness of the Chamber
- Ensure financial performance and sustainability with the aim of maintaining the Chamber’s independence in fulfilling its mandate
- Build internal capabilities to ensure organizational efficiency
- Promote Guyana’s trade and investment opportunities