VACANCY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
GEORGETOWN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE &
The Executive Director holds a key leadership position in the Chamber. Under the authority of the Council, the Executive Director assumes complete responsibility for carrying out assigned policies and regulations.
The Executive Director is responsible for running the day to day chamber business and the full range of activities of the Chamber, organizational structure and procedures, employment, training and direct supervision of staff, coordination of volunteers, income and expenditures, membership services and retention, interpretation of policy, and maintenance of facilities.
The Director reports to the President of the Executive Management Committee in regard to time off requests, and keeping the Board President informed, before and after the monthly Board meetings.
Essential Job Functions
- Advancing the Vision, mission and core values as outlined in the Chamber’s Strategic Plan and Task Force Recommendations.
- Increase Membership recruiting, sustainment and support.
- Developing and maintaining a collaborative working relationship between the Georgetown Chamber of Commerce, and other key business & public policy organizations, other regional chambers and other regional organizations to foster a nurturing business environment for members.
- Responsible for change management that includes implementing the recommendations of the Chamber’s strategic work plan.
- Programs and project management that include a system of measuring progress and goal attainment as well as reporting system back to the executive and by larger the members.
- Ensuring administrative and financial policies and controls, which assure sound fiscal and operational management of Chamber affairs, including the Chambers budget.
- Serving as the chief spokesperson on policy matters for the Chamber in the absence of the President.
- Create Community impact by becoming the “convener” and demonstrate independent leadership that brings voices together in our business community.
- Recruiting, training, supervising, and developing Chamber staff members.
- Ensure good governance at the Chamber
- Responsible for identifying the Chamber’s Business Community needs with forward proposals and recommendations.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management; and
- A minimum of five (5) years management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competent computer skills
- Ability to successfully interact with all segments of the business community and relevant Government’s Ministries and agencies
- Experience in working independently, leadership, fundraising, strategic planning, work planning, performance management and decision making will be as asset
- Keen eye for attention to detail, capacity to multitask effectively
- High level of computer proficiency and demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Creative, innovative and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinion
- Strong sense of initiative and a “can do” attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter, CV and the name and contact information of 3 professional references no later than Friday, February 17, 2017 to email@example.com.
While GCCI thanks all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.