VACANCY – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Georgetown Chamber of Commerce & Industry
The Executive Director holds a key leadership position in the Chamber. Under the authority of the Council, the Executive Director assumes complete responsibility for delivering on assigned policies and regulations. The Executive Director is responsible for the day to day operations of the Chamber and its full range of activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Advancing the Vision, mission and core values as outlined in the Chamber’s Strategic Plan and Task Force Recommendations.
- Increase Membership recruiting, sustainment and support.
- Developing and maintaining a collaborative working relationship between the GCCI, and other key business & Public Policy organizations, chambers, and organizations to foster a nurturing business environment that is beneficial to members.
- Responsible for change management that includes implementing the recommendations of the Chamber’s strategic work plan.
- Implement a system of measuring progress and goal attainment, as well as reporting system to ensure Executives and members are reliably informed.
- Ensuring administrative and financial policies and controls are adhered to.
- Serving as the Chief Spokesperson on policy matters for the Chamber in the absence of the President.
- Create Community impact by becoming the “convener” and demonstrate independent leadership that brings voices together in our business community.
- Recruiting, training, supervising, and developing Chamber staff members.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or a related field; and
- A minimum of five (5) years management experience.
- Excellent Oral and Written communication skills;
- Competent computer skills with specific focus on the MS Suite of Applications;
- Ability to successfully interact with all segments of the business community and, Governmental Ministries and Agencies;
- Experience in, fundraising, strategic planning, work planning, performance management and decision making will be as asset
- Ability to multitask;
- innovative and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinion;
- Strong sense of initiative;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and CV a no later than Monday, September 18th , 2017 by email to email@example.com or in person to the GCCI Secretariat located at 156 C Waterloo St, North Cummingsburg, Georgetown.
While GCCI thanks, all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.